Tuesday 30 March 2021
Hatred is a contagious disease, public health emergency threat and a determinant of health and peace
Prof. Izzeldin Abuelaish will receive an honorary degree for general merit in recognition of his contributions to the empowerment of girls and young women through education, which will allow them to become agents of change for the betterment of life throughout the Middle East.
He is the Founder of the foundation ‘Daughters for Life' and Associate Professor at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto.
- 8 p.m.:
- Welcome by Prof. Herman Van Goethem, rector University of Antwerp
- Introduction by Prof. Guy Hubens, dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences University of Antwerp
- Masterclass: "Hatred is a contagious disease, public health emergency threat and a determinant of health and peace." by Prof. Izzeldin Abuelaish
- 9.10 p.m.: Presentation ceremony of the honorary degree 2021
- 9.30 p.m.: End
- This masterclass is hosted by the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the University of Antwerp.
- Date: Tuesday 30 March at 8 p.m.
- When you register for this masterclass, you will receive all information in order to follow this digital event.
- Contact: email@example.com