On 8 September 2017 the International Francqui Chair will come to an end with a Closing Symposium:
"EU Tax Policy after Trump and Brexit"
During this Closing Symposium academics and practitioners will discuss the role of the European Union in the future of international taxation and the future of international tax law.
Location: University of Antwerp, City campus, M.004
This event is acknowledged by IGO, IAB and OVB (for 3 juridical points).
Fee: 40 EUR
Please register by 30 August 2017.
The final registration for the conference is only completed after the payment of the registration fee. Please pay by bank transfer, using following details:
University of Antwerp
IBAN: BE57 7350 0799 7535
- 9:30 Registration and welcome
- 10:00 Opening speech by Prof. Bruno Peeters (UAntwerp)
- 10:15 EU Tax Policy - the view of an economist: lecture by Prof. Alain Jousten (ULg)
- 10:45 EU Tax Policy - a tax lawyer's view: lecture by Prof. Wolfgang Schön (Max Planck-Institute Munich)
- 11:15 Discussion lead by Prof. Marc Bourgeois (ULg)
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:00 The inside perspective: lecture by Prof. Edoardo Traversa (UCLouvain)
- 13:20 The outside perspective: lecture by Prof. Philip Baker QC (University of Oxford)
- 13:40 The business perspective: lecture by Prof. Krister Andersson (EESC)
- 14:00 Discussion lead by Prof. Anne Van de Vijver (UAntwerpen)
- 15:30 Closing speech by Prof. Isabelle Richelle (ULg)
- 15:45 Reception