The seminar sets out to strengthen NES/VOPE to be able to play a stimulating role in strengthening the national M&E system. Eight to ten country teams, each composed of a maximum of three M&E experts ideally from different sectors (government, civil society, academia, etc.), will be selected and granted a scholarship. Evaluation societies should thus encourage several of their members to apply!
Admission requirements for the SEO scholarship participants:
- Applicants must hold a university degree
- Professional expertise in M&E; mid-level to high level professionals in the government sector, civil society, academia, think tanks, donor agencies, parliament, audit offices, private sector
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
- limit: 50
- Candidates should be a member of a National Evaluation Society or commit to become an active member
- National from one of the 31 countries where NGAs have a Common Framework Agreement. This includes:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DRC, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Zimbabwe Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru. In case of candidates of equal quality, preference will be given to candidates from one of the 15 Belgian development partner countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Guinea, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestinian Territories, Nicaragua, Peru, Philippines, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
For self-financing participants the same conditions apply except for the age limit and no specific preference will be given to the 15 partner countries of Belgian development cooperation.