University of Antwerp fundraising complies with the following principles:
- the destination of the funding is respected by the sponsor, in accordance with the internal and external rules on financial management at the University of Antwerp;
- academic freedom is ensured for all academic activities realised by means of the University Fund;
- the results of scientific research funded by the University Fund remain the property of the University of Antwerp;
- communication about fundraising is transparent, surrounding both the University Fund itself and the academic activities made possible by this fund;
- fundraising for the University Fund is managed by an internal advisory committee which reports to the University of Antwerp Board of Directors;
- all legal obligations concerning the management of the University Fund are respected.