The International Relations Office is responsible for policy preparation and policy implementation in the field of internationalization. The main tasks are to inform and raise awareness, coordinate, facilitate initiatives on internationalization and international cooperation.
This translates into tasks focused on the following areas and target groups:
- policy support at the institutional and Flemish level
- facilitating international education projects
- facilitating and managing North-South cooperation (VLIR-UOS projects)
- facilitating summer schools (Antwerp Summer University) and coordination of interdisciplinary initiatives
- management of bilateral agreements with partner universities
- policy preparation, managing and process monitoring of incoming and outgoing exchange students
- services on in and outgoing mobilities;
- incoming and outgoing exchange students (Erasmus and others) in collaboration with faculties and departments
- teacher exchange (Erasmus and others)
- internships after graduation (outgoing)
- specialize abroad after graduation (outgoing)
- dissertation and internship students to the South
- group trips
- international PR and networking, support and follow-up of international contacts at the policy level of the University of Antwerp
Furthermore, the department is also organized regionally:
- Europe + USA + Canada + Australia + New Zealand
- Asia + Eastern Europe (non-EU), Middle East, Northern and Southern Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa + Middle and South America
There is a contact for each of these regions They have knowledge of external financing channels, provide guidance on project applications and project management, are involved with defining internal and external policy strategies, provide general country information receive delegations.
The International Relations Office is part of the Cell Internationalisation of the Curriculum (CIS) together with the department of Education.