A number of recent developments indicate that the air transport sector is changing rapidly. Therefore, it is important to have economic instruments available which can be used to get an insight into the strategic decisions of the most important industry actors. Each strategic movement of an individual airline has immediate and substantial consequences for the rest of the air transport chain and, to such an extent, also impacts the competitive relations in the sector. The course on Air Transport Economics and Business (download pdf 1 MB) is developed to provide a sound knowledge and understanding of key economic and regulatory issues affecting the air transport industry.
The course includes a number of guest lectures from high-level industry professionals as well as renowned academics in the field of air transport economics. Furthermore, participants will have the opportunity to deepen their practical knowledge through a number of excursions (e.g. DHL Express, Brussels Airlines, Eurocontrol) organized during the course.
Guest speakers 2017:
- Prof. dr. Hans-Martin Niemeier (University of Bremen)
- Dr. Guillaume Burghouwt (SEO Economic Research)
- Koen Gouweloose (DHL Aviation)
- Prof. dr. Eddy Van de Voorde (University of Antwerp)
- Prof. dr. Wouter Dewulf (University of Antwerp)
- Vasco Reis
- Wim Melis (Vueling Airlines)
- Bertrand Dehouck (BNP Paribas Fortis)
- Pieter Groeneveld (Vice-President Network Planning, KLM)
The course will take place from 13th to 24th February 2017 at the University of Antwerp (see practical information).