11 to 22 February 2019 - University of Antwerp
A number of recent developments indicate that the air transport sector is changing rapidly. Therefore, it is important to have economic instruments available which can be used to get an insight into the strategic decisions of the most important industry actors. Each strategic movement of an individual airline has immediate and substantial consequences for the rest of the air transport chain and, to such an extent, also impacts the competitive relations in the sector.
The course on Air Transport Economics and Business is developed to provide a sound knowledge and understanding of key economic and regulatory issues affecting the air transport industry.
The course includes a number of guest lectures from high-level industry professionals as well as renowned academics in the field of air transport economics. Furthermore, participants will have the opportunity to deepen their practical knowledge through a number of excursions.
Guest speakers 2019:
- Prof. dr. Eddy Van de Voorde (University of Antwerp)
- Mark O'Kelly (Group CFO ASL Aviation Group)
- Prof. dr. Bruno Santos (TU Delft)
- Athar Husain Khan (Secretary-General European Business Aviation Association)
- Luca Talarico (FedEx)
- Prof. dr. Eric Njoya (Huddelsfield University)
- Sébastien Portet (Senior Expert Performance Review Unit)
- Bertrand Dehouck (Head of Aviation EMEA, BNP Paribas Fortis)
- Excursions DHL: Koen Gouweloose (Managing Director DHL Aviation)
- Excursion Brussels Airlines: Thomas Krause-Ablass (Head of Revenue Management Development & Revenue Integrity), Philippe Thomas (Lounge Services Coordinator), Philippe Saeys (VP Sales Africa)
- Excursion Eurocontrol: Ovidiu Dumitrache (Head of Strategy & Policy), Sebastien Portet (Senior ATM Economic Performance Expert), Denis Huet (Head of PRU/ECO)