In the air transport chain, airports are crucial transfer points for passengers as well as cargo. The course will provide participants with insights into the key issues of airport management. Amongst others, different elements influencing the demand, supply, equilibrium and competitiveness of airports will be discussed. Furthermore, the role of different actors in the airport management process will be addressed.
The course Airport Management (download pdf 1 MB) includes a number of guest lectures from experienced industry professionals as well as well-known professors in the field of airport management. Furthermore, participants will have the opportunity to deepen their practical knowledge in a number of excursions organized during the course.
Guest speakers 2018:
- Anne Graham (Westminster University)
- Marcel Buelens (Egis, Antwerp Airport, Ostend Airport)
- Wouter Dewulf (University of Antwerp)
- Björn Hassert an Guilian Preud'homme (Brussels Airport)
- Tiago Lopes
- Eddy Van de Voorde (University of Antwerp)
- Nigel Halpern
- Wilfried Covent (Brussels Airport)
- Michael Stanton-Geddes
- Bruno Desart (Eurocontrol)
- Antwerp Airport
- Amsterdam Airport
The course will take place from 12th to 23rd March 2018 at the University of Antwerp (see practical information).