The quiet space is a space for prayer and contemplation for all University of Antwerp students and staff, and for conference visitors. They can come here to pray, reflect or just enjoy a moment of peace and quiet.
This space is not associated with a particular religion or ideology - it simply aims to offer neutrality and tranquillity. There are tables where you can read or talk to other people and there are also separate meditation benches.
The silent rooms were furnished and equipped with great care. We would like to ask everyone to use these rooms respectfully. That means:
- Respect the silence.
- Respect other users.
- Don’t eat or drink in the silent room.
- Don’t leave any rubbish behind.
- Don’t move or remove any of the furniture.
- Don’t leave any of your own things or furniture behind, unless properly stored in the intended cabinets. The university is not responsible for theft.
- Only use these rooms for their intended purposes (reflection, prayer, meditation, etc.).
- Hanging up messages or texts is only allowed on the notice boards and after approval, which can be requested at email@example.com.
If you encounter problems or if you have any suggestions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.