19/11, 26/11*, 3/12, 10/12*
6.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.
* online lesson
These lessons will be taught online so that participants don't have to travel to the campus for all of the classes.
COVID-19 safety measures
If the course cannot be taught on campus because of COVID-19 safety measures, we will offer an equivalent online course, maintaining the original content, purpose and focus. The equivalent online course will consist of a variety of methods, e.g. live interaction sessions through a video platform, info videos made by the teacher, digital course materials, online exercises, etc.
12 hours (4 x 3 hours)
First semester: Stadscampus
Some lessons will be taught online so that participants don't have to travel to the campus for all of the classes. Check the dates at the top of this page to see which lessons will take place online.
Bachelor and Master students (and others with an interest in giving academic presentations)
This course teaches relevant techniques, vocabulary, phrases and grammar so that students’ English presentations will become more correct, effective and professional. At the end of the course, the students will feel more confident when giving presentations in English. The techniques and phrases learnt will also be useful when speaking English during oral exams or when formulating complex answers to questions raised in class, at meetings, conferences, etc.
The course covers:
- style: English English instead of literal translations, clear and to the point language use
- structure: logical and easy-to-follow presentation of information, use of signposts (linking words and phrases) to structure the talk and guide the audience through the content
- pronunciation training: speaking clear and understandable English, focusing on accent, stress patterns and intonation
- vocabulary: focus on correct English, typical presentation phrases and vocabulary for discussing visual aids, such as graphs
- interaction with the audience: giving clear and concise answers, using set phrases to deal with specific problems
- visual aids: tips and tricks related to using PowerPoint and Prezi
There is no test at the end of the course. Students who attend at least two thirds of the classes will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the final lesson.
€140 for students
€165 for non-students
Please note that registration is only complete when we have received your payment.
You can pay by bank transfer or at the Linguapolis secretary’s office. All details are included in the online registration form.
First semester 2020-2021: 11 November 2020
To register, please complete one of the online forms.
|19/11, 26/11*, 3/12, 10/12*|
|6.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.|
* online lessonThese lessons will be taught online so that participants don't have to travel to the campus for all of the classes.
Depending on which COVID-19 measures apply at the time of the course, some or all of the lessons may be taught online instead of face-to-face on campus.
Linguapolis reserves the right to cancel the course if the minimum number of participants has not been reached. If this is the case, we will inform you as soon as possible.
If you cancel your registration before the registration deadline, we charge 20% of the registration fee to cover cancellation costs. No refunds will be made if the participant cancels after the registration deadline. Registrations cannot be interrupted or transferred to a later course date. Once the course has started, no refunds can be made.