2021-2022 | New dates first semester
Score with your English presentations: improve your academic English
This course teaches relevant techniques, vocabulary and structures so that students’ English presentations will become more correct, effective and professional. At the end of the course, the students will feel more confident when giving presentations in English. The techniques and phrases learnt will also be useful when speaking English during oral exams or when formulating complex answers to questions raised in class, at meetings, conferences, etc.
The course covers:
- structure: logical and easy to follow, use of signposts
- vocabulary: typical expressions for describing visual aids, linking phrases
- delivery: tips and tricks for a clear and interesting presentation
- pronunciation training: easily understandable English; typical pitfalls
- interaction with the audience: tips to answer questions confidently and effectively
Bachelor and Master students (and others with an interest in giving academic presentations)
3-hour live sessions
- live explanations and instructions from the teacher
- a variety of practice activities, in pairs, in groups and individually
- opportunity to ask questions
Self-study/homework (about 3 hours per session):
- Online exercises
- Exercises in the coursebook
- Extra info videos
Combination of on campus and online
This course consists of two live sessions: an on campus one and an online one.
Note that interaction is essential, also for the online session. Make sure
- you have a working webcam and microphone
- you are in a quiet room where you can talk freely.
There is no test at the end of the course. Students who attend both classes will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the final lesson.
- two Thursdays: 9/12 (on campus – Stadscampus*), 16/12 (online)
- 6.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.
*Depending on which COVID-19 measures apply at the time of the course, this lesson may have to be taught online instead of face-to-face on campus.
6 hours (2 x 3 hours)
Stadscampus (lesson 1) + online (lesson 2)
€105 for students
€125 for non-students
Please note that registration is only complete when we have received your payment.
You can pay online or by bank transfer. All details are included in the online registration form.
25 November 2021
To register, please complete the online form:
- December 2021
- March-April 2022 (form available January 2022)
Linguapolis reserves the right to cancel the course if the minimum number of participants has not been reached. If this is the case, we will inform you as soon as possible.
If you cancel your registration before the registration deadline, we charge 20% of the registration fee to cover cancellation costs. No refunds will be made if the participant cancels after the registration deadline. Registrations cannot be interrupted or transferred to a later course date. Once the course has started, no refunds can be made.