- Guided distance learning, what does it mean?
- Will I get a paper handbook?
- Are there homework assignments (as well)?
- What about the evaluation?
- Is online learning something for me?
- How do I register for this course?
- LEVEL 1: I don't speak a word of Dutch yet. Can I take this course?
1. Guided distance learning', what does it mean?
For the summer courses: five lessons will be given each week between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. You follow these lessons at a (safe) distance.
You will be supervised by an experienced Linguapolis language teacher, just like during regular lessons.
During these lessons we will provide a varied package of content, alternating between individual and group learning*:
- audio and video materials to independently study the lesson content
- individual exercises
- explanations by the language teacher
- interactive speaking moments with the language teacher and your fellow students
- classroom question-and-answer sessions
- feedback on homework assignments
* The language teacher is mainly online during classroom learning.
2. Will I get a paper handbook?
Yes, you will receive a paper handbook by post before the start of the course.
3. Are there homework assignments (as well)?
Yes, you process the subject matter in different ways. You will not only receive exercises on vocabulary and grammar, but also on listening, reading, pronunciation, speaking and writing.
We provide a digital learning environment in which you can make virtual appointmentsvirtually meet with fellow students and to continue practicsinge with your fellow students outside of class on your own initiative.
4. What about the evaluation?
The course concludes with an exam and a certificate. The final objectives of the online course are exactly the same as those of a course on campus.
5. Is online learning something for me?
- Do you have a computer with an internet connection and a camera? (There is no need for a printer.)
- Do you like to work independently and at your own pace?
- Can you free up enough time for the lessons and homework assignments?
Then guided rdistanceemote learning is something for you!
6. How do I register for this course?
Use the online registration form.
7. LEVEL 1: I don't speak a word of Dutch yet. Can I take this course?
When we teach face to face in a classroom, we only use Dutch, but distance learning needs a slightly different approach. That’s why we might use English to explain things at the beginning of the online lessons. You need to have a basic level of English (reading and listening) or someone who speaks Dutch to help you. That way you can follow the course, even if you are a real beginner.