Students who do not pass all of their exams are welcome to take a resit.
This is subject to strict conditions:
- You must take the resit within 1 year after the end of your course.
- You can only take a resit once.
- You can only take a resit if you failed a maximum of two of your exam components. Please note: If you failed both your speaking and writing exams, it is not possible to take a resit.
If there is a good reason why you can’t take the final exams as scheduled, you can defer your exams and take them at a later date. Examples of accepted reasons include illness, a stay abroad or your Linguapolis exam coinciding with another exam you have to take.
Please note that you can't defer a listening exam. If you did not participate in the listening exam, the score for this exam will be based on continuous evaluation.
If possible, try to arrange a moment with your teacher to do the speaking exam before the end of the course (e.g. during the break).
A deferred exam is subject to strict conditions:
- You must take the deferred exam within 1 year after the end of your course.
- You can only register for a deferred exam if you have valid proof of the reason for your absence on the original exam date (e.g. doctor's note, airline ticket, statement from your employer, exam schedule for your study programme).
Important information about the once per week evening courses:
Did you fall ill on the day of your exam? Make sure to contact the Linguapolis office on the same day (per e-mail or by phone) if you want to take the exam on the first coming extra examination evening. Please send us a doctor's note and the payment on that same day. For practical reasons it's not possible to subscribe for a deferred exam after on.
If you want to take a resit or deferred exam, you can register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to pay a test fee for resits and deferred exams:
Practical information (dates & location)
||from... until... (max.)
||Registration and payment deadline
|Monday 29 June 2020
||Building G, Campus Middelheim, Berchem
||6.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.
||Friday 12 June 2020
|Monday 8 February 2021
||Building R, Campus Drie Eiken, Wilrijk
||6.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.
||Friday 29 January 2021
About one week before the exam, you will receive an email with all practical information.
Attention: Due to the corona measures and depending on the number of exams, it is possible that exams may have to be taken at another location and possibly on another day. Thank you for your understanding.
If, for any valid reason, you are unable to take the scheduled or postponed exam on Monday 29 June, please contact the Linguapolis secretariat as soon as possible and send an e-mail with valid proof to email@example.com.