Your support matters in the fight against COVID-19
The coronavirus is hitting us all particularly hard – not just here in Belgium and in our neighbouring countries, but everywhere in the world.
Every day we get an update of the bleak statistics and the death count goes up. People, cities, and even entire countries are in lockdown. This is a scenario that nobody would have wanted to write, but unfortunately, truth is stranger than fiction at the moment.
Luckily, there is hope. Scientists, hospitals and healthcare professionals worldwide are working day and night to contain the coronavirus, and they are being met with a heart-warming wave of solidarity.
UAntwerp has also redoubled its efforts to both chart and halt the spread of the virus.
Currently, there are several 'Fight Corona' projects at UAntwerp that you can support!
- Vaccine research / Support the research for a COVID-19 vaccine /
- Face masks / Support the design and emergency production of FFP2 – en FFP3 masks /
- Student financing / Support student in financial need /
- Protection of cancer patients / Support research for better protection and follow-up of cancer patients /
Support our 'Fight Corona' projects
Do you want to help achieve a breakthrough in this crisis? Here's how you can do that.
The University of Antwerp Fund offers you the possibility to make a donation, without any obligation. Now more than ever, your support matters in the fight against COVID-19.
And did you know that donations of 40 euros or more and which are donated in 2020, are 60 % tax deductible? This is an extra incentive to provide maximum support to our 'Fight Corona' projects.
Step 1 - Donation
There are two ways to donate:
- By bank transfer to bank account number BE42 7310 4624 7854 in the name of 'Universiteit Antwerpen'. Be sure to mention 'fiscaal attest' (tax certificate) and your preferred destination in the communication field.
- By online payment, where you can indicate your preferred destination straight away.
Step 2 - Donation form
In order to allocate your donation correctly, we recommend you to also send us the donation form where you indicate your preference for the destination of the amount again;
- 'COVID-19 Research'
- 'COVID-19 Face Masks'
- 'COVID-19 Student Financing'
- 'COVID-19 Protection Cancer Patients'
The completed form can be posted to Universiteitsfonds Antwerpen - Middelheimlaan 1 M.A.223 - 2020 Antwerpen, or you can simply scan or even photograph it, and email it to email@example.com. This way, the University Fund can allocate your donation correctly.