What are we looking for?
We are looking for session proposals within the domain of health & medical sociology, focusing on topics related to the conference theme “Intersectionality & Inclusion in Health”. Sessions with a broader focus or on classical topics of health & medical sociology are also welcomed.
- Process and deadlines
- The deadline to submit session proposals is Monday, November 30th, 2023 at 23h59 CEWT
- Session proposals can be submitted by sending the proposal in PdF format to email@example.com
- The organizing committee of the European Society for Health and Medical Sociology (ESHMS) conference will review the submitted proposals to ensure they address a relevant topic for the ESHMS audience and meet the required quality.
- In case too many high-quality sessions are submitted, the selection committee may propose that certain sessions will be merged when they are complimentary. This is done in agreement with the session organizers.
- All session organizers will have their accepted sessions fully confirmed by Friday, December 8th, 2023.
- The organizing committee will determine the session day, time and format within the program, as well as the selection of speakers within the session. The schedule will be communicated to the session organizers by the end of February, 2024.
- Session topics
- All session proposals should be submitted in English
- The name(s) and contact details of the persons chairing the session should be included in the proposal.
- The proposed topic should be relevant to an issue that is of interest to the ESHMS audience.
- The session proposal should include the title, 3-4 keywords and be no more than 600 words, explaining the general topic of the session, the possible subtopics that can be covered within the session. Potential speakers can be included in the proposal, but this is not a formal requirement for selection.