Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for ONE DAY workshops on topics related to theory, formal modeling, verification,performance evaluation and engineering of concurrent, timed, industrial,and other systems. Typically, CONFEST workshops feature a number of invited speakers and anumber of contributed presentations.
The workshops will take place one day before (18 September) and one day after (23 September) the main conferences.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with a friendly, stimulating, and interactive atmosphere for:
- presenting novel ideas,
- discussing their applications,
- encouraging cross-fertilization between industry and academia, and
- fostering opportunities for young and prospective researchers.
CONFEST’23 is planned as a physical, in-person event, with some support for remote participation. In a limited number of cases, there will be remote-participation support for speakers and for other participants who are unable to come. Please take this into account when preparing a workshop proposal and communicate to participants requiring such support that they should contact the organizers of CONFEST explaining their case.
We will provide the following to workshop organisers:
- Meeting rooms on demand
- Coffee breaks, catering for lunch, both are included
- The CONFEST'23 website cannot be made accessible for edits by third parties but workshop organisers can either host their own website and provide a link to it that we put on CONFEST website, or they send us their content and we put it in the website.
- Registration will be centralized by CONFEST.
- Special rates for hotels, as well as local information, can be found on the website.
Instructions for proposal submission
Workshop proposals should include:
- The name and the preferred date of the proposed workshop.
- The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the organisers.
- A short scientific summary and justification of the proposed topic forthe CONFEST community (500 words max).
- A discussion of the proposed format and agenda.
- If applicable, a brief description of past versions of the workshop, including dates, organisers, submission and acceptance counts, and attendance.
- Procedures for selecting papers and participants.
- The publication plan (only invited speakers, no published proceedings, pre-/post-proceedings published with EPTCS/ENTCS/...).
- Potentially invited speakers.
- Tentative schedule for paper submission and notification of acceptance.
The main responsibility for organizing the workshop goes to the workshop organiser(s), including:
- workshop publicity (possibly including call for papers, submission and review process)
- scheduling of workshop activities in collaboration with the CONFEST workshop chair.
Proposals should be sent to Emmanuel Filiot (workshop chair).
- Submission deadline February 2, 2023
- Notification February 16, 2023
- Program of the workshops ready: August 16, 2023
- Workshops: September 18, 23, 2023
- CONFEST conferences: September 18-23, 2023