ANNOUNCEMENT: Last minute change: Alexander Willich's talk 'How to identify constructs of a construction: Using frame-to-frame relations to resolve constructional ambiguity' has been rescheduled to Friday 16:45, in the 'Construction grammar and sociocultural context' session.
- Location: University of Antwerp, City Campus, Belgium & online (hybrid conference)
- Plenary Sessions: M001, Sint-Jacobstraat 2
- Parallel Sessions: SJ & KS (Sint-Jacobsmarkt 13); M001 (Sint-Jacobstraat 2)
- Registration: SJ, Sint-Jacobsmarkt 13
- Lunch: Gratiekapelstraat (back entrance student restaurant)
- Please consult the full campus map for detailed description of locations and routes
ICCG11 will cover a broad range of topics related to constructionist approaches to language. The conference also acts as a forum of discussion between approaches, including cognitive construction grammar, embodied construction grammar, fluid construction grammar, radical construction grammar, sign based construction grammar, frame semantics, or other approaches.
How do constructions model language in minds, communities, or computers?
Submissions for presentations, posters, or workshops are particularly welcomed along the lines of this theme, but submissions may also be related to other aspects of constructionist linguistics.
- Luc Steels (Universitat Pompeu Fabra Barcelona) – computational linguistics
- Evelina (Ev) Fedorenko (MIT) – neurolinguistics
- Holger Diessel (University of Jena) – language acquisition
- For each event, one of us organizers will wait for you at the entrance of the plenary hall 30 minutes before the booked time slot.
- If you did not register for a social event but want to come, this is still possible. In that case we would be grateful if you could come to the registration desk today.
- If you haven't paid yet, we would be grateful if you could pay in cash (the exact amount if possible) at the registration desk or to your host tomorrow
Call for papers
Information on how to submit an abstract is available under Calls and Circulars.