The board of the EAUH has selected the sessions and round tables and communicated the results to the spokespersons, who acts on behalf of the session (co-)organizers.
The session organisers/chairs are therefore responsible for:
- Informing co-organizers of paper applications.
- Making sure all paper proposals are submitted through the EAUH2020 web platform.
- Reviewing and selecting session papers on the basis of their quality and thematic relevance.
- Informing the EAUH2020 commitee on the definitive selection of papers (an online system is launched within the "spokesperson login" section)
- Informing the paper applicants about the acceptance or the (justified) rejection of their proposal.
- Reminding the paper givers that they have the access to the abstracts accepted within their session.
- Reminding the paper givers to upload their papers on the conference website.
- Reminding the paper givers about the maximum length of their presentation and stimulating them to read each other’s papers in advance of the session.
- Providing a chair for the session, a short introduction about the main goals of the session, a short introduction to each of the paper givers.
- Managing the time schedule, leading the discussions, rounding up and eventually reflecting on potential publication.
- Communicating the order of paper presentations in each session to the organizers (this order must not be changed, unless forced by circumstances).
Session spokespersons/co-organizers do not present in their own sessions. Speakers can only present one paper during the conference. The local committe will provide spokespersons with a list of multiple paper entries by a single person, to be evaluated by the session spokespersons in order to prevent multiple presentations by one person.
The EAUH board and the local organizers are responsible for:
- Providing the ICT framework for organizing sessions (collecting proposals, providing information about the selection of sessions, communicating the programme of each session, collecting the texts of each presentation and presenting them on the conference website).
- Selecting the sessions and round tables on the basis of their quality and thematic relevance.
- Communicating with the session organizers via the spokesperson about potential difficulties and facilities available during the conference.
- Providing the facilities (rooms, projection facilities, support) for the practical organization of the sessions.
- Informing spokespersons on paper candidates who also proposed a paper to a different session.