Visa information

EEA, Monaco and Switzerland

If you are a national of an European Economic Area country (EU + Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) or from Monaco or Switzerland you may travel to Belgium on the strength of a national passport or identity card.

Any other nationality

If you have any other nationality, you have to apply for a visa (type short stay) with the Belgian embassy or consulate in your current country of residence before leaving for Belgium.

Once you have registered and paid your registration fee, you can request a visa invitation letter from

More info on visa requirements

General info on Visa for Belgium, website Minsitry of Foreign Affairs

Travel conducted in the framework of study or another type of short training course - information by the immigration office

Find the addresses of the Belgian embassy or consulate in your home country


For some countries and during some periods of the year, approval by the Belgian authorities can take up to three months. Make sure you start the visa application procedure well in advance!