The NuPhaC conference committee welcomes the submission of high quality abstracts focusing on a wide variety of topics covering:
- Drug related problems
- Medication adherence
- Medication safety
- Patient education about medication
- Medication self-management
- Quality of prescribing
- Care coordination
- Interprofessional education and nurse competences
Each attending author can submit several contributions. Therefore separate submission forms have to be filled in. Please note that the submission form is NOT the registration form. Authors are requested to submit abstracts no later than Thursday October 17, 2021. Abstracts have to be submitted online. Notification of acceptance will be done by October 31, 2021.
The time attributed to each oral presentation is 20 minutes. This includes 5 minutes for questions and switching to the next presenter. All technical material will be presented with a digital projector and a PC. We kindly ask you to load your file onto the presentation computer prior to the beginning of the session in which you are to present. Speakers should be present at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the session in which they will give their presentation in order to introduce themselves to the session chair. The timing will be strict, and session chairs will be requested to stop speakers exceeding the 15-minute presentation slot, ensuring that sufficient time is available for discussion and questions. PowerPoint is the accepted presentation format.
- The deadline for submission of abstracts for posters is the same as that for oral presentations. Presenters will be invited to develop a poster to present their work (project, research, quality improvement initiative, innovative ideas, ...). Presenters will need to present their work during the dedicated sessions and a broad audience will be guided through the posters and discussion will be encouraged. Posters will not be accepted from presenters who are not attending the conference.
- The size of the poster should not exceed A0 (118.9 cm high, 84.1 cm wide) and must be in portrait orientation. Authors will have the opportunity to discuss their posters during the allotted poster sessions. Posters can already be displayed in the afternoon/evening of day 1 or the morning of day 2 and should be removed after the end of the poster session. Material to affix the poster will be provided.
Innovative pitch sessions
Presenters in these dedicated sessions will 'pitch' their innovation in pharmaceutical care in a 5-minute presentation. Innovations/improvement projects concerning pharmaceutical care with a focus on supporting patients or healthcare workers are welcome. The pitch will have to be succinct, concise, and exciting. By speaking with passion and knowledge, presenters will try to convince the audience about the value of their innovative ideas.
- Abstracts are to be written in English
- The abstract title is limited to 150 characters. The abstract is limited to 3200 characters.
- Abstracts for oral and poster presentations need to report on following information: background, methods, results, discussion (including limitations) and a conclusion section.
- Abstracts for pitch sessions do not have to adhere to a strict abstract structure.
- No tables or graphs should be included in the abstract
- Submission deadline is Thursday October 17, 2021
Abstracts will be selected based on relevance to conference topics and scientific value.