University of Antwerp, Belgium - 6-7 July 2017
On 6 and 7 July 2017, the second conference on Research Evaluation in the Social Sciences and Humanities (RESSH2017) was held at the University of Antwerp, Belgium, following the highly successful first conference that was held in Rennes, France, in June 2015 and was organized by the EvalHum Initiative.
- Evaluation of societal relevance of SSH research
- Notions of quality in SSH research
- Diversity in SSH research and its relation to assessment
- Bibliometric indicators for the SSH
- Alternative metrics of SSH research impact
- Data sources on SSH research output
- Evaluation practices in SSH
- Role of evaluation in knowledge production processes
- Effects of evaluation and performance-based funding on SSH research and researchers
- Peer review in the SSH
- Open Access for SSH and its potential for assessment of research
- The international dimension in SSH research
- Characteristics of dissemination channels
In each case, authors were expected to explicitly link the topic to evaluation of SSH research. Case studies of specific fields were welcome.