This conference is not just a conference, but has a number of specific features.
- Finished research and as well ‘research in process’ can be presented and discussed.
- A meeting between scientists and practitioners.
- Stress on interdisciplinarity, i.e. all disciplines will be treated (engineering, economy, legal, mathematic,…).
- The subject is about theory and empiry, secondly derived products.
- New research areas and business opportunities will be dealt with.
- Explicit attention will be devoted to PhD researchers, who will get the chance to have their presentations in dedicated sessions with specific academic support.
- Dedicated scientific discussants will be selected for each paper.
- Each day of the conference will feature a thematic top keynote speaker, from academia as well as from the port and maritime industry.
- A selection of scientific papers will be made for dedicated journal special issues.
- A dedicated international scientific committee supervises the scientific conference preparation
More practical details on the conference will be communicated upon acceptance of abstract. Conference participation will include access to all sessions, a technical visit, all public conference catering and library and other facilities.