Extension of your residence card is possible through the International Relations Office.
You have to submit the following documents:
- a completed, signed and dated information sheet (extension);
- a proof of scholarship or a legalized proof of sponsorship (annex 32);
- a recent study certificate issued by the University of Antwerp;
- your results of last academic year (for degree students only). A copy of the ‘transcript of records’ certificate, signed and stamped by the faculty administration.
Mail the required items as separate documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject name: residence permit extension.
IRO will send your application file to the Antwerp Immigration Office. After approval an appointment date and time is set for you. You will receive an email with the appointment details.
At the appointment you will present:
- your passport and Belgian residence card (A-card)
- one passport picture
You will have to pay 28.40 euros, preferably by credit card (contact IRO for urgent procedure prices).
Due to the peak period in September and October at the International Students Desk of the Immigration office, you are strongly advised to send in your application for extension 6 to 8 weeks before the expiry date of your residence permit (31 October 2018).
Do not send in your application both through the IRO and through the immigration office in Deurne. That will only complicate matters.