Extension of your residence card is possible through the International Relations Office.
You have to submit the following documents:
- a completed, signed and dated information sheet
- a proof of scholarship or a legalized proof of sponsorship (annex 32)
- a study certificate issued by the University of Antwerp
- your results of last academic year (for degree students only). A copy of the ‘transcript of records’ certificate, signed and stamped by the faculty administration.
Mail the required items as separate documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject name: residence permit extension.
IRO will send your application file to the immigration office Antwerp who will process it. After approval an appointment date and time is set for you. You will receive an email with the appointment details.
At the appointment you will present:
- your passport and current Belgian residence card (A-card)
- a copy of the appointment mail
- one passport picture
You will have to pay 28.40 euros, preferably by credit card (contact IRO for urgent procedure prices).
Do not send in your application both through the IRO and through the immigration office in Deurne. That will only complicate matters.