Every year, the Global Minds programme of VLIR-UOS (Flemish Interuniversity Council - University Development Cooperation) makes 38 scholarships available for students from the University of Antwerp who travel to a developing country for an internship or as part of their studies.
What and where?
The grant is a lump sum of €1000. Students can apply through the International Relations Office from the University of Antwerp. Both Bachelor (from the second year on) and Master students are eligible for this scholarship.
Your stay in the South is for at least one month (minimum 28 days) and your country of destination is on the VLIR-UOS country list:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru, Suriname
You can find all relevant information in the call. At the moment, the call 2018 is closed. How to apply for a scholarship is explained in this procedure. The International Relations Office from the University of Antwerp is happy to help you with this procedure.
- Selection round 1: 15 December 2017 (if you depart to the South before June 2018)
- Selection round 2: 13 May 2018 (if you depart to the South after June 2018)
It is mandatory to follow a preparation day 'To the South' (to choose one day) organised by UCOS. Inscribe yourself via UCOS.
Still some questions?
If you have any questions about the VLIR-UOS travel grants, application and selection procedures or other administrative formalities, please contact the Institution Coordinator for Development Cooperation in the International Relations Office, Karolien Vrints.