The programme sets out to strengthen NES to be able to play a stimulating role in strengthening the national M&E system. Therefore the selection for the 14 scholarship students is based on NES country teams. Two participants from the same NES – preferably working in a different sector (e.g. government, civil society, academia, parliament, international organisation, …) are selected jointly to form a country team. In total 7 country teams will be selected.
The selection process is therefore a step-wise selection process:
- Does the applicant fulfill the admission requirement (see list below) ?
- Does the applicant play an role in the national NES? Does he/she have interesting professional experience in M&E
- Are there other interesting candidates from this NES?
- Are there candidates from different sectors?
In a final step different country teams are compared among each other as a team. Preference will be given to countries that did not participate in the training in the previous edition (i.e. Brazil, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Uganda, Zambia). It is thus encouraged for various persons from the same NES to apply!
The final selection will therefore elect 7 country teams with each 2 team members ( i.e. fourteen scholarships in total) to participate in the programme.
Admission requirements VLIR-UOS scholarship:
- Applicants must hold a university degree of at least four years of study in Social Sciences (Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration, International Relations, …) or related disciplines. Ideally candidates have had a sound theoretical basis on M&E in their university education or through several short courses. Good grades are considered an advantage, but relevant professional experience is crucial for selection
- Professional expertise in M&E; mid-level to high level professionals in the government sector, civil society, academia, think tanks, donor agencies, parliament.
- Applicants must be proficient in English. Age limit: 45Candidates should be an active member of a National Evaluation SocietyNational from one of the 54 countries on the VLIR-UOS scholarship list:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Haiti, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay,