Diploma equivalence and translation

In some cases, a certificate of diploma equivalence may be required when you come to work at the University of Antwerp.

You must begin the procedure to obtain an equivalence certificate yourself. More information can be found on the Flemish government website.

The Belgian government requests that diplomas are provided in one of  the following languages: Dutch, English, French or German. When applying for a visa or a work permit, a translation of your diploma might be necessary. This needs to be done by a certified translator. A list of translators can be requested at the Belgian embassy of your home country or it can be done by Linguapolis. On the website of the Belgian government more information can be found on legalisation of documents.



International Staff Office Campus Middelheim - building C
Middelheimlaan 1
2020 Antwerp
Tel. +32 (0)3 265 31 49