When applying for a visa, two fees must be paid:
The consular fees: this is the processing fee for the application for a visa at the Embassy.
- The amount depends on the visa requested, certain categories are exempt from payment.
- The prices can be consulted on the website of the embassy or the consulate of the home country.
- The contriubitions is payable in cash at the embassy when submitting the visa application.
- More information can be found on the website of the embassy of the country in which you are abroad.
The administrative fee: for the treatment of certain visa applications (D) and certain residence applications, payable since 03.02.2015.
- This fee covers the administrative costs of processing visa applications, and the applications to stay or request a change of status.
- The contribution must be paid by bank transfer before the application is submitted tot he Belgian diplomatic or consular post where you stay abroad or in the municipality where you are staying in Belgium. Proof of payment must be added to the application file.
- More information and a complete list of all categories that are required to pay the fee, can be found on the website of FOD Foreign affairs - Department International affairs. The Antwerp District house can also be contacted directly for more information: 0032 (0)3 292 93 94.
The amount of the contribution takes into account the age of the applicant and the purpose of the trip.
A contribution does not need to be paid by:
- The applicant who is less than 18 years old
- citizens of the European Union or the European Economic Aria and whoe are exercising the right to freedom of movement (article 40 of the Law of 15.12.1980)
- family members of the citizen of the European Union or European Economic Aria, applying for familiy reunification (article 40 bis or 47/1)
- Asylum, subsidiary protection was sought; or you are a spouse, partner, father or mother of persons who are granted a status as refugee (Article 10 or 10a of the Law of 15.12.1980)
- The student or researcher who receives a grant from a government or institution referred to in Article 1/1 of the Royal Decree of 08.10.1980, and seeking authorization to stay more than three months in Belgium to study and / or perform research. For international students the attestation necessary for the exemption will be provided by the university's Departement of International Cooperation. For researchers this will be done by the HR Departement.
The applicant who is 18 years or older, must pay a contribution when traveling in this context:
|Purpose of the Trip
||Article of the Law of 15.12.1980
|The foreign national who applies for an authorisation for a stay of more than three months at the Belgian diplomatic or consular post or at the municipality.
||Article 9 of the law of 15.12.1980
|The student who is enrolled in an educational establishment organised, accredited or subsidized by the Government and receiving a scholarship or grant paid by the Belgian institution
||exempted with attestation
|The student who is enrolled in an educational establishment organised, accredited or subsidized by the Government
|The researcher with grant paid by a Belgian institution and receiving a hosting agreement
||exempted with attestation
|The researcher with a contract from a Belgian institution or with foreign funding
|The foreign national (EU or non-EU) who applies for family reunification with a non-EU national who is authorised for an unlimited stay in Belgium (B, C, D, F or F + card).
||(a), (b),(c), (d), (e)
|The foreign national (EU or non-EU) who applies for family reunification with a non-EU national who is authorised for a limited stay in Belgium (A- or H-card).
||Article 10 bis
||(a),(c), (d), (e)
|The foreign national (EU or non-EU) who applies for family reunification with a Belgian citizen
|The highly skilled worker – European Blue Card
|The foreign national who applies for an authorisation to return to Belgium after more than 1 year absence (KB 08/07/1995)
||Article 19 §2
|The foreign national who applies for re-acquisition of the status of long-term resident after long absence (KB 22.07.2008)
||Article 19 §2
|The foreign national who applies for a change of status when this new status is liable to a contribution of €60, €200 or €350 (for example: the authorised student who wants to prolong his stay for professional reasons)
||€ 60/€ 200/€ 350
Exceptions: a) If the applicant is a beneficiary of the Agreement establishing an association is established between the European Economic Community and Turkey, signed on 12-09-1963 free. (B) unless the sponsor of refugee status: free. (C) unless the sponsor enjoying subsidiary protection: free. (D) unless the applicant a single disabled child is aged over 18 years and that a certificate submit emanating from a doctor approved by the post and showing that because of his disability can not meet its own needs: free . (E) unless the applicant is a family member of a foreigner to whom another Member State has granted permanent resident status and he was part of the household of these long-term resident in that other Member: €60. (F) unless the sponsor is a Belgian who has exercised his right to free movement (Directive 2004/38 / EC) for free. (G) unless the applicant of refugee status or a family member of an alien who holds refugee status: free
- In foreign currency or in euros? The exact amount of the fee must be paid in EUR.
- In cash or by bank transfer? The exact amount of the contribution must be paid into the bank account IBAN BE57 6792 0060 9235 / BIC: PCHQBEBB / Bank: BPOST SA, Centre Monnaie (without no.), 1000 Brussels / Beneficiary: Ministry of the Interior, Immigration Service, Antwerpsesteenweg 59B, 1000 Brussels
- Announcement of the transfer:
- Full name of the applicant, (mentioned in the passport)
- Date of birth; day (DD), month (MM), year (YYYY)
- Structure to use: Naam_Voornaam_Nationaliteit_DD.MM.JJJJ. Example: YANG_CHUAN_PAKISTANI_01.02.1930. If the number of characters of the Communication is limited, priority mentions the full name and date of birth of the applicant.
- Any costs involved with the transfer of the contribution are to be borne by the applicant or whomever makes the transfer.
- The contribution will not be refunded in case of refusal of the visa or in the event that you pay too much.
- In the event that you have not paid the full contribution, you will be able to transfer the remaining balance within a period of 30 days. If you do not prove that the outstanding balance was paid within this period, the Immigration Office will not refund the partial amount that had already been received and will consider the file inadmissible
- When amounts were paid erroneously (an no file has been submitted) a return may be asked by contacting email@example.com. The return of the paid amount has to be requested by completing a document.
On arrival in Belgium there is municipal fee to be paid.
There is also an amount to be paid to receive the residence card in Belgium (after registration at the district house).