Ukrainian citizens and their family members can apply for temporary protection status in Belgium. Certain third-country nationals with legal residence in Ukraine may also be eligible. To apply for the temporary protection status, you will need to register in Brussels. More information about the registration procedure can be found on the website of the Immigration Office. If you meet the requirements, you will receive a certificate with which you can register at municipality of your place of residence. You will receive a residence permit type A for 1 year, with which you can work and study in Belgium.

More information on assistance in Belgium can be found on the government website.

We encourage Ukrainian academics and professionals to apply for one of the vacancies at the university. The job offers can be found here.

More information for refugee students can be found here.