Doctoral assistant, Interior architecture
Department : Interior Architecture
The Faculty of Design Sciences is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy in the Interior Architecture programme:
Doctoral assistant in the area of interior architecture
- You contribute to teaching and research in the field of interior architecture.
- You teach a number of courses in the bachelor and master programme of Interior Architecture, equivalent to 50% of your workload, including Master's thesis IA (24 ECTS) and Research Project (12 ECTS).
- You contribute actively to the research output of the design studios of the Master’s thesis.
- You will compete to obtain externally funded research grants.
- You will valorise your own research and use your personal research expertise in the further development of research in the field of interior architecture.
Profile and requirements
- You hold (or get during the application period) a doctorate degree (PhD) in interior architecture or architecture.
- You have expertise in the field of interior design theory and history and can demonstrate this with peer-reviewed publications.
- You have expertise in the field of interior architecture and design and can demonstrate this through academic output, such as publications, exhibitions or interior realisations.
- You have demonstrable experience in studio education in interior architecture.
- A few years of relevant experience in the design practice is recommended.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- an appointment as a doctoral assistant for a period of three years, with a possibility of renewal after positive evaluation;
- the date of appointment will be 1 January 2021;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.217,53 to € 6.574,78;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until August 16, 2020. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: (1) a motivation letter, (2) your academic CV and (3) a research plan in English for a period of three years (7 – 10 pages). The plan contains detailed information about, among other things, the valorisation of current research, the start-up and development of new research directions within the field of interior architecture and the attraction of research projects.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. dr. Els De Vos (email@example.com) or prof. Paul Wauters (firstname.lastname@example.org)..
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.