Doctoral student, Software engineering
Department : Department of Computer Science
Regime : Full-time
The Department of Computer Science in the Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy for a
Doctoral student in the area of Software Engineering
- You work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the field of Software Engineering.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the AnSyMo (Antwerp Systems and software Modelling) research group.
- You hold a Master degree in Computer Science or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You command of the Dutch language is at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 1 October 2020.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until 26 July 2020. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Hans Vangheluwe – email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.