The Faculty of Law is seeking to fill the following part-time (5 %) vacancy:
visiting professor ‘External actors in Aid, Trade and Investement’
- You will lecture ‘External actors in Aid, Trade and Investment’ (30 contact hours, 3 credits, second semester) in the master of laws and LL.M. It concerns a teaching assignment as a visiting professor to temporarily replace one of the course convenors.
- You will collaborate on the master thesis (master of laws and LL.M.).
- Supporting the university’s services to society will be part of your job.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree and a doctoral degree on dissertation, of which at least one must be in the field of in law.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- You are able to lecture in English.
- You can meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language, English, and the administrative language, Dutch. The University of Antwerp provides the necessary support.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a part-time position as a lecturer (or higher, depending on academic qualifications and professional experience) for the period between 1 February 2018 and 30 September 2018;
- the proportionate part of a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.171,55 - € 6.149,03;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 17 December 2017. You will enclose a vision statement for the programme component you will lecture.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 11 January 2018.
- More information about the application form can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. Wouter Vandenhole (email@example.com, tel. 03 265 52 37).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.