The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Chemistry for a doctoral scholarship holder in the area of Materials science.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of “Creating structural and physico-chemical control to enhance properties of hybrid periodic mesoporous metal phophonates”. Hybrid organic-inorganic materials add organic functionality to inorganic material properties. Research on periodic mesoporous metal phosphonates is scarce due to the complexity of controlling the materials properties during template assisted synthesis. We aim at creating the required fundamental knowledge to control their structural and physico-chemical properties by revealing the impact of precursor type and amount, synthesis conditions and kinetics of condensation. In addition, developing strategies to solve the often reported need for stabilization.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Faculty of Science.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Chemistry, Material Chemistry, Bio-engineering or related fields with a strong background in inorganic material synthesis and analysis.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- The emphases in your teaching correspond to the educational vision of the university.
- You are a team player, willing to collaborate with other partners involved in this project.
- Experience in materials synthesis and characterization is encouraged.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of 1 year, renewable for three times 1 year after positive evaluation, with a maximum of in total 4 funded years of doctoral scholarship >;
- the start date of the scholarship 01/10/2017;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 - € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online , and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter, until the closing date 19/06/2017.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- After pre-selection the top 6 candidates will be invited for an interview (in person or via skype).
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Vera Meynen, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label 'HR Excellence in research'.