The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Physics for a
Postdoctoral researcher in the area of Remote Sensing / Hyperspectral Image Analysis
The Vision Lab is a dynamic research group of the physics department at the University of Antwerp. The Vision Lab has unique expertise in the development of image analysis and machine learning techniques for remote sensing with specific applications in hyperspectral image analysis.
- You contribute to research in the field of Remote Sensing.
- Part of your job will be the organization and management of project applications within the field of Remote Sensing and the search for external funding.
- You co-supervise PhD students and other team members next to which you will also fulfil a (small) educational task/lecturing duty.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Applied Sciences or equivalent.
- You have specific expertise and relevant scientific publications in the following fields:
- Remote Sensing
- Machine Learning
- Image Processing
- You have profound programming skills in C++ and/or Matlab.
- You have a strong background in mathematics and interest in scientific research.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing).
- an appointment as a postdoctoral researcher for a period of one year, with a possibility of renewal depending on external funding;
- the starting date of appointment is negotiable, starting from January 2018;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.053,77 - € 6.319,49;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.