The Faculty of Sciences is seeking to fill 3 full-time (100%) vacancies in the Department of Chemistry for
Doctoral students in the area of chemistry.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of chemistry.
- You contribute to (limited) teaching, research and service activities in the Department of Chemistry.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in chemistry or in bio-engineering / applied biological sciences or in applied sciences (engineering), each time with specialization in chemistry.
- You can provide outstanding academic results.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You are a motivated person, willing to show commitment for a doctoral project, and to apply for an external fellowship (e.g., FWO strategic research fellowships 2018).
- You are communicative, and fluent in English and Dutch.
- You show a pronounced interest in the research of one of the research groups of the Chemistry department at University of Antwerp.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 March 2018;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.324,20 - € 2.469,08;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 10 December 2017.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The further selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place in the first half of January 2018.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact professor A. Bogaerts, tel. 03/265.23.77, email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.