The Faculty of Applied Economics is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the ANT/OR research group of the Department of Engineering Management for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of Operations Research
The ANT/OR research group is a young and dynamic team that focuses on the development of optimization methods to solve decision-making problems in a wide variety of fields, ranging from supply chain networks, plant design, transportation and warehouse operations, to humanitarian logistics and digital music. The group works in close collaboration with industrial partners, non-profit organizations and other international research institutions.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research at the ANT/OR research group of the Department Engineering at the faculty Applied Economics.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in civil/business engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or other related field of study. You have a strong interest in operations research and programming, and have an excellent command of the English language. Previous experience with (meta)heuristic algorithms, mathematical programming and/or discrete event simulation is highly valued.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- start date of the scholarship will be October 1st, November 1st or December 1st 2018 or January 1st 2019;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.324,20 tot € 2.469,08;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date August 12th 2018 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place from August 20th until September 14th 2018.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com. For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Trijntje Cornelissens (Trijntje.firstname.lastname@example.org), or Prof. Kenneth Sörensen (Kenneth.Sorensen@uantwerpen.be).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.