The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences at the University of Antwerp is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences for a
Postdoctoral researcher (with a subsidy) in the area of Medicinal Chemistry
- You will be working in the research group Medicinal Chemistry on the design and synthesis of serine protease inhibitors and their activity based probes in the field of visceral hypersensitivity.
- You will write project reports for your supervisor on a regular basis, write scientific papers and support grant writing.
- You will be in contact with the other members of the multidisciplinary consortium on IBS.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences with experience in synthetic organic chemistry and/or medicinal chemistry.
- You did not reside, study or work in Belgium for more than 24 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date (eligibility rule for postdoc with a subsidy).
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You co-supervise PhD students.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing).
- an appointment as a subsidized postdoctoral researcher for a period of one year, with a possibility of renewal for an additional 1 to 1.5 years;
- the date of appointment: 1 June 2018;
- a full time net monthly grant ranging from €2.020,00 - € 3.260,00;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Please send your application, accompanied by your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com, until the closing date of 31 March 2018.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel. Interviews will take place by the end of April (exact date will be communicated).
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Koen Augustyns (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.