The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy (m/f) in the Department of Biomedical Sciences (Bio-Imaging Lab) under the supervision of Prof. Georgios A. Keliris.
Post-doc position investigating the role of neuromodulation in learning and memory
The goal of the project is to understand the neural mechanisms modulating learning and memory in rats. A multimodal approach and combination of state-of-the-art methods (MRI-imaging, electrophysiology, optogenetics and pharmacogenetics) will be used to uncover both the global network as well as specific cellular mechanisms. This approach will also be employed in animal models of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s Disease.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a PhD degree in neuroscience, biomedical sciences, or related fields.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You are fluent in English and have strong communication skills, both in writing and oral presentations.
- You are a team player.
- Strong background in one or more of: imaging, computational neuroscience, mathematics, programming (e.g. Matlab/Python/C/R/…) will be considered as a bonus.
- a post-doctoral position for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal after positive evaluation;
- the start date is as soon as possible;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications should be submitted to Georgios.Keliris@uantwerpen.be and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter. Please use the following string in the subject: NMPDBILGAK18
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- More information about the application and the position can be obtained from Prof. Georgios A. Keliris by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel.: +32 3 265 2772.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.