The Faculty of Arts is seeking to fill the following part-time (80%) vacancy for a
Visiting professor in the area of the foundations of European culture
to fill the Baillet-Latour Baron Velge Chair in European Values.
- You will be responsible for research, teaching and academic services concerning the European values and the foundations of European culture.
- You will develop research on the origins of cultural diversity in Europe and the challenges that it poses for the future of the continent.
- You will acquire and administer research funding.
- You will teach courses on the foundations of European culture.
- You will collaborate closely with the holder of the parallel chair at the Université Catholique de Louvain.
- You will report yearly on your activities to the advisory board of the chair.
- You will also be expected to render academic services.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in philosophy, history or a kindred domain.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Apart from a promising research record in the domain of European values and the foundations of European culture, you have verifiable teaching abilities.
- You can meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language and the administrative language, Dutch. The University of Antwerp provides the necessary support. From the beginning of the appointment you are able to teach in two of the following languages: Dutch / English / French.
- a part-time position as a lecturer (or higher, depending on academic qualifications and professional experience) for a period not exceeding three years. The appointment is renewable after positive evaluation provided the external financing is continued;
- the date of appointment will be 1 January 2019;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.171,55 - € 6.149,03;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 15 October 2018.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 15 November 2018.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Luc Duerloo, tel. +32 3 265 42 89 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.