The AXES research group at the University of Antwerp (http://www.axes.be/) has an open position for a PhD to strengthen our developments in the field of bio-electrochemistry.
PhD position in Chemistry in the field of bio-electrochemistry
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of bio-electrochemistry.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You present your work at national and international workshops and conferences.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in chemistry, physics, bioscience or applied engineering.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A creative and analytical mind.
- Background knowledge in electrochemistry is essential.
- In view of the international context, mastering of the English language (both oral and written) is mandatory.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the scholarship will be January 1st 2019, or June 2019 the latest;
- a dynamic and international working environment.
How to apply?
- Please send a detailed CV (including honours, grades, skills, publications, …) and contact info of two references together with a strong motivation letter before 10 January 2019 to Karolien.DeWael@uantwerpen.be with clear subject indication ‘AXES_PhD2019’.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.