The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy in the Department of Chemistry for a
Doctoral student in the area of surface modification and structure-activity correlation
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Chemistry – Materials Science and characterization as part of a multi-partner project.
- You contribute to teaching and research in Chemistry/faculty of science.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Chemistry, Materials science, applied engineering or bio-engineering or related fields with a strong background in inorganic material synthesis and characterisation including sorption. Experience in surface modification and/or sorption is a plus.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You are a team player, willing to collaborate with other partners involved in this project
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal for three times one year after positive evaluation – the total scholarship is thus 4 years;
- the start date of scholarship will be June 1st 2019;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.373,36 - € 2.516,73;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 3 March 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on between one and two weeks after closing date of the vacancy.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Vera Meynen (firstname.lastname@example.org) 0032 3 265 23 68.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.