The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy in the Department of Physics for a
Doctoral student in the area of image processing
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of image reconstruction and image analysis of biomedical images (magnetic resonance image formation, computer tomography), electron microscopy, or earth observation.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Department of Physics. Teaching consists of supervision of practical sessions in the Department of Physics and a contribution to the didactical assignments of the Department of Physics. Research will take place within the research group Vision Lab.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in physics, mathematics, computer science or engineering science.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Also students in the final year of their degree can apply.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are proficient in one or more programming languages.
- You have a good knowledge of English.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.324,20 - € 2.469,08;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 14 October 2018.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. Jan Sijbers (firstname.lastname@example.org) of tel. 03 265 89 11.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.