As part of its dynamic research policy and supported by the possibilities offered by the Flemish Government through the resources of the Special Research Fund (BOF), the Faculty of Law is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy for a
Research professor (TTZAPBOF) in the area of economic and competition law
The assignment consists of lecturing duties, scientific research and academic service to society. During a period, limited to five years (duration of the temporary appointment in tenure track), scientific research will be the main activity.
- You will expand the scientific research in the research group Business & Law in the area of economic and competition law, with specific focus on state aid and unfair competition and/or electronic commerce (tax law, labour law and/or consumer law aspects).
- You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- You will supervise doctoral students.
- You will offer internal and external scientific services.
- You will be assigned limited lecturing duties in the aforementioned domain and supervise a limited number of master theses.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master and doctorate degree (PhD) in law.
- You have a minimum of 2 year experience on Postdoctoral level at the closing date of the vacancy.
- You have an international academic CV and perform qualitatively outstanding academic research.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You can meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language and the administrative language, Dutch. The University of Antwerp provides the necessary support.
- Upon completion of the (TT)ZAPBOF-mandate you will be capable, as regards knowledge of substance and language, to participate in teaching in the bachelor and master of laws programmes of the Faculty.
- a full-time position as a lecturer in a temporary appointment in tenure track for a term of five years. After this term, this position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria;
- after the permanent appointment another period of five years is given with limited lecturing duties in order to strengthen the research curriculum;
- in case of equal qualifications , priority will be given to candidates of the underrepresented gender within the domain of science. This priority is not automatically and unconditionally; as the evaluation will always take into account the personal situation of every candidate;
- the date of appointment will be 1 February 2019 or soon thereafter;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging for a lecturer from € 4.171,55 - € 6.149,03 and for a senior lecturer from € 4.776,98 - € 7.504,57;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 2 September 2018. The application form must be completed, including a detailed research proposal (mandatory) for the next five years (approx. 5 000 words) and a report of your previous scientific research activities (max. 5 000 words). In addition, you add two abstracts of the scientific content of the research plan – a scientific abstract and an abstract in layman's terms –maximum 500 words (or max. 4000 characters). All documents must be submitted in English.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 15 October 2018.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Gert Straetmans, Tel. 03 265 5482 – email@example.com.
- Further information regarding the special research status can be obtained from Dr. Tim Engels, Head of the Department of Research Affairs & Innovation (Tel. +32 (0)3 265 30 12).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.