The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill the following part-time (80%) vacancy in the Department of Bioscience Engineering
Tenured academic staff in the area of Gas phase photocatalysis en photoelectrochemistry
- The assignment has a structural character in the three core activities of the tenured academic staff.
- You will be assigned following lecturing duties: Catalysis 4 sp (40 h), Chemical analysis technologies 6 sp (60 h), Integrated practicum chemistry/food technology 4 sp (40 h). You will also take up the general coordination of Project Work Including Internship 8 sp (110h).
- You will expand the scientific research in the area of plasmon enhanced gas phase photocatalysis and photoelectrochemistry.
- You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- You will offer scientific services: among others you take part in recruiting activities.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Bioscience Engineering with a focus on chemistry and catalysis.
- You have several years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language and the administrative language, Dutch. Given the comprehensive teaching assignment from the start of the position, profound knowledge of Dutch is indispensable (C1-certificate). The University of Antwerp provides the necessary support.
- either a part-time position with a structural assignment as a lecturer, in a temporary appointment in the tenure track for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria;
- or a part-time position with a structural assignment as a senior lecturer or higher, generally entailing a permanent appointment. In the case of a first appointment to the corps of academic personnel (ZAP), the university board may proceed to a temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three years. This position will lead to a permanent appointment if the performance is assessed favourably;
- the date of appointment will be 1 February 2019
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging for lecturer from € 4.171,55 - € 6.149,03; and for senior lecturer from € 4.776,98 - € 7.504,57;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 2 September 2018.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form+ can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Silvia Lenaerts (+32 265 36 84).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.