The Faculty of Law is seeking to fill the following full-time (100 %) vacancy
Academic assistant in the area of Intellectual Property Law
- You contribute to teaching and research in the field of intellectual property law and related legal fields.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in this field and you are competing in this connection to obtain externally funded research grants.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a degree of Master of Laws; students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- You submit a research proposal in Dutch or in English of maximum 5 pages on the topic, which includes at least the following headings: ‘state of the art’, ‘research objectives’, ‘methodology’ and ‘bibliography’. The research topic falls within the scope of one of the following three research themes:
- Intellectual Property Law & Governance
- Entrepreneurship, Social Responsibility, Patenting & Licensing Strategies
- Open Metropolitan Design.
The prior conditions are conditions of admissibility.
- You have excellent study results and/or relevant professional experience with respect to the vacancy.
- You have obtained excellent grades in the courses on intellectual property law.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the vision of education the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a full-time appointment as an academic assistant for a period of two years from 1 October 2019 until 30 September 2021, with the possibility of renewal twice for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the date of appointment will be 1 October 2019;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 3.338,21 - € 5.649,28;
- a dynamic, stimulating and interdisciplinary work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 18 August 2019. You enclose the following documents:
- a detailed PhD proposal (in Dutch or English) related to one of the lines of research indicated above which fall within the scope of the above-mentioned research themes of the Research Group Government & Law of the Faculty of Law;
- a detailed account of your study results;
- a function-oriented letter of motivation.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 2 September 2019.
- More information about the application form can be obtained at email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of tasks, please contact prof. dr. Esther van Zimmeren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.