The Faculty of Business and Economics is seeking to fill a part-time (5%) vacancy in the Department of Accountancy and Finance for a
Visiting professor in the area of Life Insurance
- You will be assigned lecturing duties on Life Insurance, as part of the English taught course “Insurance: Financial and Actuarial Methods (6 ECTS)”.
The partim on Life Insurance corresponds to weekly lectures (2 hours a week) from February until May, with exams in June-July and in August-September.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctoral degree (PhD) in a relevant domain, or you have a long-standing professional experience as an actuary in the life insurance sector.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a part-time position rewarded as a lecturer (or higher, depending on academic qualifications and professional experience) for the period 1 January 2020 to 14 September 2020;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 31 December 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Ann De Schepper, email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.