The Centre for Proteomics (CfP) is a core facility at the University of Antwerp that brings together expertise and equipment in the area of chromatography and mass spectrometry for proteomics applications. The centre is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy for a
Postdoctoral position in the area of Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics
- You contribute to research in the field of Proteomics.
- You collaborate with other research groups, especially from the University of Antwerp, who need Proteomics assistance.
- You are co-responsible for the operation and maintenance of the instruments of the core facility.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a PhD degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Bio-engineering or Biomedical Sciences.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have good management skills.
- You have hands-on experience with Mass spectrometry based proteomics (LC-MS/MS), statistics and proteomics data analysis.
- Also PhD students in the final year of their degree can apply.
- a fixed-term employment contract; 2 years (with the possibility of renewal after positive evaluation);
- earliest starting date is April 2019;
- a full time gross monthly salary based on your profile and years of relevant experience;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 31 March 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained at email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Inge Mertens (Tel. +32 (0)3 265 33 87).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.