Novosanis aspires to expand its expertise in molecular diagnostics within the oncology domain in collaboration with the Department Molecular Imaging –Pathology – Radiotherapy – Oncology (MIPRO) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Anwerp. Urine is a non-invasive sample with a huge potential as a liquid biopsy. Cell-free DNA that originates from tumors can end up in the urine directly or after glomerular filtration and gives a dynamic picture of disease status, therapy response etc. To investigate how Colli-Pee can be optimally used for the collection of urine as liquid biopsy, Novosanis wants to obtain a Baekeland mandate.
As employee of Novosanis, you will become a specialist in the detection of biomarkers in urine from a medical device perspective. As Baekeland mandatory, you will obtain a PhD at the University of Antwerp.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing & innovative company
- Be part of a young and dynamic team
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits
- Obtain a PhD in an industry environment
- Prepare a doctoral dissertation in the domain of urinary biomarkers in oncology
- Clinical/Biomedical development/verification medical devices
- Follow-up molecular research and stay updated on scientific literature
- Writing of abstracts, poster presentation and publications
- Assist in writing white papers in collaborating with marketing
- Clinical/Biomedical evaluation/validation medical devices, including usability and clinical trials
- Prepare an application dossier for a Baekeland mandate
- Conduct wet lab research in the context of the Baekeland mandate at the University of Antwerp
- Publish scientific papers that relate to your research project
- Setup, implementation and execution of validation test procedures needed to bring medical devices to the market
- Execution of research projects
- Plan and conduct experiments and analyzing or interpreting the results
- Keep accurate records of work undertaken. Use specialist computer software to analyse data and to produce diagrammatic representation of results
- Discuss research progress with operations, marketing and sales
- Reporting of data through abstracts, presentations, publications
- Assist in writing white papers with marketing
- Compose technical documentation for CE (focus on clinical/biomedical)
- Coordinate and follow-up of oncology and infectious disease related research, including clinical trials
- Participation in concept generation of new devices
- Technical analysis of competitor devices through ongoing (clinical research) by attending conferences, screening literature databases, e.g. PubMed as well as clinicaltrials.gov
- Gain expertise and experience in molecular analysis, including biomarker, methylation marker, liquid biopsy research and alike
Diploma / degree
- Master Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, Bioengineering or alike
- You are eligible as a candidate for a Baekeland mandate
- Research & Development
- Molecular biology
- Laboratory methods, including RT-PCR
- Analysis of data
- English: Excellent writing, reading, conversation
- Dutch: Good writing, reading, conversation
- Other: not necessary, but considered a plus …
- Team player
- Analytical mind
- Dynamic personality
- Creative / Innovative
- Organisational skills
- Pay attention to detail
- Accept flexible working hours
- Problem solver
Sounds like your dream job?
- The deadline for submission is currently early September. The interview by a selection committee appointed by VLAIO will be done shortly after.
- If you want to apply or have more substantive questions, please contact Novosanis’ CEO dr. Vanessa Vankerckhoven
- Email: Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Novosanis is an innovative developer and manufacturer of medical devices that increase the accuracy of diagnostic tests, drug delivery and patient comfort. We are a Belgian, award-winning, ISO13485 certified medical device company active in the prevention, detection and treatment of infectious diseases and oncology. Novosanis was founded in 2013 as a spin-off from the University of Antwerp and is a subsidiary of the US-based listed company OraSure Technologies Inc. One of Novosanis’ flagship devices is Colli-Pee, a medical device that ensures standardized and user-friendly collection of first-void urine (approx. first 20 mL of the urine flow). This collection method improves the quality of diagnostic tests for infectious diseases (HPV, Zika, CT/NG…) oncology (prostate cancer…) and facilitates downstream processing in the lab. Novosanis partners with diagnostic companies, labs and many research institutes to shift paradigms in HPV screening and liquid biopsy. The company consists of a young, dynamic and multidisciplinary team.
Additional information on Novosanis and its devices on: www.novosanis.com/devices
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.