The Faculty of Law is seeking to fill a full-time (100 %) vacancy for a
Doctoral student in the area of ‘Law enforcement’
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of ‘Law enforcement’.
- You take on a limited number of tasks concerning educational and research assistance and academic service within the Faculty of Law.
Profile and requirements
- You hold the degrees of Master of Laws; students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- You submit a research proposal of maximum 10 pages on the topic, which includes the following headings: ‘state of the art’, ‘research objectives’, ‘methodology’ and ‘bibliography’.
The two prior conditions are conditions of admissibility.
- You have distinguished yourself during your studies.
- You have obtained excellent grades in the research area of Law enforcement.
- You show interest in Phd research concerning the specified area and the research topics of the Research group Law enforcement.
- You can meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language, English, and the administrative language, Dutch. The University of Antwerp provides the necessary support.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a full-time (100 %) doctoral scholarship from 1 October 2019 until 30 September 2021, with the possibility of renewal for a two-year period after positive evaluation;
- A full time gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.373,36 till € 2.516,73;
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 31 March 2019.
- On application you submit a detailed PhD proposal in one of the research lines of the Research group Law enforcement. The Phd research must be completed in a period of 4 years.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 26 April 2019.
- More information about the application form can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Joëlle Rozie, Tel. 0032 3 265 54 89 – email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.