The Faculty of Business and Economics is seeking to fill the following part-time (10%) vacancy in the Department of Management
Temporary academic staff in the area of behavioural leadership
- You will be assigned to teach the course “Behavioural Leadership” in de advanced master programs of the Antwerp Management School as part of the agreement between the Faculty of Business and Economics, and the Antwerp Management School.
- You develop and conduct scientific research in the area of “leadership and organisation”.
- You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- You will also offer scientific services.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctoral degree (PhD) in the area of Management, (Applied) Economics, Psychology (or equivalent) with a specialisation in Organisational Behaviour.
- You have experience with teaching in leadership courses at master’s level.
- Teaching experience with an international audience of non-economists and managers is a plus/recommended.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your research qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have research and teaching experience in the field of neuroscience and leadership theory.
- You have a strong research profile with excellent publications in academic journals.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- If you do not master Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a course unit coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members on an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- a part-time position as a lecturer (or higher, depending on academic qualifications and professional experience) for a period not exceeding one year. The appointment is renewable after positive evaluation;
- the date of appointment will be 1 October 2019;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for lecturer from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13 and for senior lecturer from € 4.872,61 - € 7.654,80;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 10 March 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. Rudy Martens (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chairman of the department of Management of the Faculty of Business and Economics.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.