The Department of Transport and Regional Economics of the Faculty of Business and Economics is seeking to fill the following part-time (10%) vacancy in its Centre for Maritime and Air Transport Management (C-MAT):
Temporary academic staff in the area of Air Transport Economics
- You teach the course ‘Air Transport Economics and Business’ (6 credits, block course of two weeks in the 2nd semester) in the Advanced Master courses of the Center for Maritime and Air Transport Management (C-MAT).
- You supervise student master theses.
- You carry out research in the field of air transport economics.
- You acquire and manage research funds.
- Services are also part of your range of tasks: You take part in, among other things, educational consultations, deliberations and represent C-MAT at education fairs and information moments.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Applied Economic Sciences with focus on transport or equivalent.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university. Positive course evaluations prove your teaching competences.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- If you do not master Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a course unit coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members on an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- a part-time position as a lecturer (or higher, depending on academic qualifications and professional experience) for a period not exceeding 1 year;
- the date of appointment will be 1 October 2019;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for lecturer from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13 and for senior lecturer from € 4.872,61 - € 7.654,80;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 10 March 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 1 April 2019.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Ann Verhetsel (Tel. 0032 3 265 42 21).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.