The Department of Transport and Regional Economics of the Faculty of Business and Economics is seeking to fill the following part-time (10%) vacancy in its Centre for Maritime and Air Transport Management (C-MAT):
Temporary academic staff in the area of Transport Economics
- You teach the course 'Transport Business Economics and Policy' (6 ECTS, 4 hours per week in the 1st semester) in the Advanced Master programs of the Center for Maritime and Air Transport Management (C-MAT).
- You supervise student master theses.
- You develop research in the field of transport economics.
- You acquire and manage research funds.
- You take part in, among other things, educational consultations, deliberations and represent C-MAT at education fairs and information moments.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Applied Economic Sciences with focus on transport or equivalent.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university. Positive course evaluations prove your teaching competences.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- If you do not master Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a course unit coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members on an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- a part-time position as a lecturer (or higher, depending on academic qualifications and professional experience) for a period not exceeding 1 year;
- the date of appointment will be 1 October 2019;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for lecturer from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13 and for senior lecturer from € 4.872,61 - € 7.654,80;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 10 March 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 1 April 2019.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Ann Verhetsel (Tel. 0032 3 265 42 21).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.