The Faculty of Business and Economics (BE) is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy in the Department of Accountancy and Finance
Tenured academic staff in the area of Finance
- You teach courses in the broad domain of finance. These courses are assigned in consultation with the department taking into account your expertise. They may be offered in the programmes of the Faculty BE or in other faculties and the Antwerp Management School.
- You supervise master theses in the Faculty BE.
- You expand the scientific research in the area of finance and publish in international academic journals.
- You acquire and manage external funding (national and international) and supervise PhD students in finance.
- You offer scientific services, both within the university and to society at large.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in applied economics, economics, finance, or any equivalent domain.
- You have experience in teaching academic courses in finance. The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- You have authored publications, published in peer-reviewed academic finance journals.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- Teaching experience at the executive level is an asset.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- If you do not master Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a course unit coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members on an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- either a full-time position as a lecturer, in a temporary appointment in the tenure track for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria;
- or a full-time position as a senior lecturer, generally entailing a permanent appointment. In the case of a first appointment to the corps of academic personnel (ZAP), the university board may proceed to a temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three years. This position will lead to a permanent appointment if the performance is assessed favourably;
- the date of appointment will be 1 September 2020;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for a lecturer from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13 and for a senior lecturer from € 4.872,61 - € 7.654,80;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 16 February 2020.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof.dr. Jan Annaert (firstname.lastname@example.org), chair of the department.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.